Virtual Reality

Saturday, June 26, 2010

I actually do not like people who start their new post by saying that they are sorry for the fact that they haven't written anything in a while.
Hum.

Yesterday, I went to the Dolfinarium with Xan and Lot, and it was such a lovely day. I forget that the Dolfinarium is actually meant for children and that, yes, seventy five percent of the visitors are indeed children that scream very loudly. I used to adore the dolphin shows, unfortunately they have changed into a rather K3-ish show that involves the audience yelling at a 'girl' in the play, to wake her up. Could we just skip to the pretty dolphins please?

Officially the best thing in the world is sitting behind the glass in the lagune - no, I'm not calling it Odiezee, it's an ugly word - and watching the dolphins play. They always look happy, which makes me smile. So that's kind of what we did all afternoon, except for finding a way to crash into Morgan's habitat, which we did not :(
For everyone who did not watch the news or has not got a huge fascination for typing the words 'orca' and 'the netherlands' into Google: Morgan is the orca that was found in the Waddenzee a few days ago. An orca. In OUR little sea. It is incredibly odd and sad, but I love orca so much I tend to get a little egocentric. I just wanted to see her.

On the way back we went through the McDrive. It was my very first time and I actually felt excited, which is kind of silly. Our amazingly sunny road trip ended with some very cold milkshakes; we much needed them in our sauna car!

Love to the black and white beauty!